Illicit Worlds of Indian Dance: Cultures of Exclusion
She explores over a century of marginalisation of courtesans, dancing girls, bar girls and transgender performers, and describes their lives as they struggle with stigmatisation, derision and loss of livelihood. Keywords: performing arts , status , courtesans , gender , exclusion. Forgot password? Don't have an account?
- Women and Music: A Journal of Gender and Culture.
- Recently Viewed.
- Canon EOS Rebel T1i / 500D For Dummies.
All Rights Reserved. OSO version 0. University Press Scholarship Online.
Sign in. Not registered? References Coorlawala, Uttara Asha. New York U, Khokar, Mohan.
Bombay: Marg, Part five-II. Kotiswaran, Prabha. Meduri, Avanti. Sarkar Munsi, Urmimala. Pallabi Chakravorty and Nilanjana Gupta. London: Dance Books, Cambridge U, Vatsyayan, Kapila. Indian Classical Dance. Traditions of Indian Folk Dance.
Illicit Worlds of Indian Dance:Cultures of Exclusion | Seminary Co-op Bookstores
New Delhi: Indian Book Co. Related Papers.
- Food Webs: From Connectivity to Energetics: 36 (Advances in Ecological Research);
- Miniscule Guide to Making Money By Blogging, The (Miniscule Guides).
- Obama: The Historic Campaign in Photographs?
- Illicit Worlds of Indian Dance : Anna Morcom : .
- Illicit Worlds of Indian Dance.
- Quantum Geometry - A Statistical Field Theory Approach.
- Illicit worlds of Indian dance : cultures of exclusion in SearchWorks catalog.
- Building the Federal Schoolhouse: Localism and the American Education State;
- Illicit Worlds of Indian Dance | Hurst Publishers.
- Panel Data Analysis using EViews;
- Log in to Wiley Online Library.
- Reformers and Revolutionaries in Modern Iran: New Perceptions on the Iranian Left (Routledgecurzon Bips Persian Studies Series).
- Measuring Race and Ethnicity.
Illicit worlds of Indian dance: cultures of exclusion. Tools Request permission Export citation Add to favorites Track citation.
The Creation and Recreation of India’s Illicit Zones of Performing Arts
Share Give access Share full text access. Share full text access.
Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. Volume 21 , Issue 4 December Pages Related Information. Close Figure Viewer. Browse All Figures Return to Figure.